First question, are you a Christian? I am guessing that many of you would answer yes. If so, fellow Christian, if you were on national T.V. and a reporter asked you, “Is Jesus the only way to Heaven?” What would you say? If you answered anything but yes, I would inform you, that by definition, you are not a Christian. Instead you are by definition, a hypocrite. (“A person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings” – Merriam Webster).
Right now, many of you may have your feathers ruffled, and that is my desire. My purpose is to push some buttons, so as to get you to look in the spiritual mirror.
If you read the Bible, you will find verses such as Acts 4:12. This verse leaves no wiggle room to the question of how we are saved. It makes the unambiguous claim that the name of Jesus is the only name that has any credibility before God. It is point blank truth. This verse is not the only one that makes it abundantly clear that Jesus is the only way to be saved. Here is a sampling:
- “For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,” – 1 Timothy 2:5
- “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.” - John 3:36
- “I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins." - John 8:24
- “Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” - John 14:6
- “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” – Hebrews 11:1
- "Now therefore fear the LORD and serve him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD. And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." – Joshua 24:14-15